"Western Honda Holdings Pty Ltd" (defined below) is committed to protecting your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”).
2. WHO IS "WESTERN HONDA HOLDINGS PTY LTD"?
Western Honda Holdings Pty Ltd (ABN 99 647 969 533)
- Western Highway Honda 1-3 Eucumbene Drive, Ravenhall, Victoria, Australia
- Essendon Honda 345-347 Keilor Road, Essendon, Victoria, Australia
- West Melbourne Honda 388-396 Dynon Road, West Melbourne Honda, Victoria, Australia
- Werribee Honda 22 Morris Road, Hoppers Crossing, Victoria, Australia
3. WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES WESTERN HONDA HOLDINGS PTY LTD COLLECT?
Honda only collects personal information if it is reasonably necessary for one of our functions or activities, or as required by law.
Honda may collect and hold the following kinds of personal information about you:
- age or date of birth;
- telephone number;
- email address;
- driver licence;
- transaction details associated with your purchases and use of Honda products or services, including warranty information and credit card or bank details;
- any information you provide through our customer surveys, research focus groups, competitions and marketing campaigns;
- any information you are required to provide to us by law or by agreement; and
- licence details associated with your booking of a H.A.R.T course.
4. HOW DOES WESTERN HONDA HOLDINGS PTY LTD COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Honda will generally collect your personal information directly from you, including when you:
- purchase a Honda vehicle
- purchase Honda genuine parts, merchandise, accessories
- register for a Honda customer or member account and provide information through that account;
- make an enquiry, request or complaint, including to book a test drive or download a vehicle brochure;
- participate in our customer surveys, research focus groups, competitions and marketing campaigns;
- are engaged to supply products and services to Honda;
- supply personal information as part of contractual arrangements;
5. HOW DOES WESTERN HIGHWAY HONDA USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In general, your personal information will only be used and disclosed by Western Honda Holdings for the primary purpose for which it was collected, or a secondary purpose that:
- you have consented to; or
- relates to the primary purpose of collection and you would reasonably expect Honda to use or disclose your personal information for that secondary purpose.
We may use your personal information:
- to provide, or assist in providing, products and services to you, including verifying your identity;
- to provide customer support and support to Honda Representatives and dealers;
- to conduct vehicle purchase and service history experience analysis;
- to respond to your enquiry, request or complaint;
- for our internal administrative, customer relations, marketing, planning, training, product development and research requirements;
- for product warranty registration;
- to conduct customer surveys and research focus groups;
- to manage your entry into competitions and for associated uses set out in the competition terms and conditions;
- to send safety recall notifications and manage your safety recall;
- to consider an application for a career with Honda;
- for any purpose for which you give your express or implied consent; and
- for any purpose required or authorised by law.
- Honda may disclose personal information for the purposes described above to:
- Honda Representatives and dealers;
- regulatory authorities such as law enforcement, road traffic and trade promotion authorities;
- our and their business associates and contractors, including suppliers, service providers, professional advisers and their respective agents. The types of business associates include:
- call centre operators;
- marketing agencies and social media website providers;
- market research companies;
- Honda Representatives and dealers’ service providers;
- prize providers involved in our competitions;
- mailing house organisations;
- data entry service providers;
- Honda Premium Roadside Assist and warranty providers;
- insurance providers; and
- survey operators.
Our service providers are required to keep your personal information secure and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles. They are prohibited from using this information for any purpose, other than as directed by Honda or for a purpose that is permitted under applicable laws.
Where applicable, Honda may manage personal information relying on exemptions within the Privacy Act and applicable privacy laws, including provisions in the Privacy Act concerning the sharing of personal information among related bodies corporate.
7. DOES WESTERN HONDA HOLDINGS DE-IDENTIFY INFORMATION?
Honda may de-identify personal information about an individual so that the information can no longer be related to that individual. We may use and disclose de-identified information in the ordinary course of our business. De-identified information may also be aggregated to provide reports on the purchase and use of Honda products or services or for the purpose of providing statistical information to Honda or third parties.
8. CUSTOMER SURVEYS
Conduct of surveys and focus groups
Western Honda Holdings engages specialist third party market research companies, under strict contractual and confidentiality agreements, to conduct customer experience surveys or focus groups on our behalf. Personal information disclosed to those third parties is limited to the minimum necessary for them to conduct the survey or focus group or send an invitation to complete a survey or join a focus group study.
Results of surveys
We may disclose personal information provided in survey responses to third parties, including Honda Representatives, dealers and service providers who are involved in providing or improving the Honda customer experience journey. In all other circumstances, survey results are aggregated together into statistical, non-identifying data.
9. MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS
If you have opted in to receive marketing communications from Western Honda Holdings, we will use your personal information to inform you about our products, services, promotions, surveys and events. This may occur in a number of ways, including by mail, telephone, email and SMS.
In general, you can visit the Western Honda Holdings Websites without identifying who you are. However, particular sections on the Honda Websites may require you to provide personal information so that we may provide the products, services or information you have requested, or to register you and verify you in members’ area of the Honda Websites.
During all website sessions we collect and store: non-identifying statistical-data such as the pages you visited or downloaded, the name of your Internet Service Provider (ISP), unique device identifiers and information, mobile network information, the type of browser and operating systems used to access the Honda Websites, the date and time you access the Honda Website, the website that referred you to us and the pages you visit (click-through). We use this information to help design the Honda Websites and its content. In these sessions, Honda collects no personal information.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we may transfer to your device's hard drive through your web browser to enable our systems to recognise your browser and to provide personalised features and content on the Honda Websites, social media and other websites. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
For statistical purposes, we collect information on website activity through the use of 'cookies'. When you visit a Honda Website, a record of your visit is logged. The following data is supplied by your browser:
- your IP address and or domain name;
- your operating system (type of browser and platform);
- the date, time and length of your visit to the website; and
- the resources you accessed and the documents you downloaded.
This information on its own does not identify an individual but it does provide us with statistics that can be used to analyse and improve our website. If you do not want cookies to be used, please adjust your browser to disable them.
This information is used by Honda to improve our services. It is never given to any other company for that company's independent use.
12. HOW CAN YOU ACCESS AND CORRECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may request access to, or correction of, the personal information we hold about you by writing to the applicable Privacy Officer using the details in section 19. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is correct.
You do not have to provide a reason for requesting access but you will need to provide reasonable proof of your identity.
On some occasions it may not be possible for Honda to provide you with all of your personal information, or an exemption under the Privacy Act may apply. For example, Honda may not provide access to personal information if the information provided would impact the privacy of another individual. In situations where Honda cannot provide you with access to your personal information, Honda will tell you why in writing.
If we do provide access to your personal information, we reserve the right to charge you a reasonable fee for providing access that we consider fairly represents the effort involved in providing you with the information.
13. HONDA CONNECT
You can request deletion of your personal information stored on the Honda Connect app by contacting Honda Motor Vehicles using the contact details provided in section 19 and requesting deletion of your Honda Connect account, or deleting your Honda Connect account directly from the Honda Connect app. Deleting your Honda Connect account will remove all of your personal information from the Honda Connect app, but note that some personal information may still be stored in other Honda systems.
You may contact the applicable Privacy Officer if you wish to make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles. If you are unsure which Privacy Officer to contact you may contact any of the Privacy Officers.
We take all complaints seriously and will try to resolve your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Australian Information Commissioner (www.oaic.gov.au).
Western Honda Holdings understands the need for a system of security that protects the privacy of your personal information. We use industry standard security measures to safeguard the personal information that we hold physically and electronically. Our database systems store personal information in secure environments that are designed to safeguard it from misuse, wrongful disclosure, alteration or destruction.
We cannot guarantee the security of information transmitted to us via the Internet, although we use our best endeavours to do so. Honda will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security during Internet transmissions of personal information, including any unintended loss, misuse or disclosure of that information.
Western Honda Holdings will provide you with the option to deal with Honda without identifying yourself where it is lawful and practical.
17. DEALING WITH UNSOLICITED INFORMATION
In the event that Western Honda Holdings receives unsolicited personal information that could not have been collected under the Australian Privacy Principles as ‘solicited’ information, we will destroy or de-identify the personal information as soon as practicable, unless it is contained in a ‘Commonwealth record’ or it is unlawful or unreasonable to do so.
19. CONTACT US
Western Highway Honda
1-3 Eucumbene Drive,
Ravenhall, Vic 3023
Customer Assistance: (03) 9217-8680
Date of last update:18/7/2023
© 2023 Western Honda Holdings Pty Ltd